Animals are in tune to energy and they have no judgement. When doing Reiki on animals they are able to receive by instinct with ease and grace. There is no expectation or skepticism. That makes working with animals a beautiful gift as you are able to watch the undeniable healing unfold naturally in front of your eyes. When doing Reiki on any type of animal you do not need to be hands on. It is a non invasive way to help heal your animal with any mental, emotional or physical issues that they may be experiencing. Hands on touch is optional if the animal is comfortable with that. They can also be walking around or resting and still be receiving.
They will give you signs by sighing, sneezing, relaxing a leg and leaning into you, slow blinks as if they are falling asleep or actually falling asleep. They will also let you know when they have had enough by walking away or perhaps nudging you as if to say, “Thank you. I am done receiving.”
- Helps to calm
- Reduces pain
- Enhances training
- Assists in flexibility
- Reduces bad habits
- Reduces aggressive tendencies
- Removes energy blockages
- Supports the immune system
- Assists in healing from injuries
- Helps with sleep
- Boosts energy
- Boosts confidence
- Aids in the healing of traumatic events
- Reduces fear and worry
- Eases the transition when passing on
In working with the animals, I follow these guidelines:
- I work in partnership with the animal.
- I always ask permission of the animal before beginning, and respect his or her decision to accept or refuse any treatment. I listen intuitively and observe the animal’s body language in determining the response.
- I allow each animal to choose how to receive his or her treatment; thus each treatment could be a combination of hands-on, short distance and/or distant healing, depending on the animal’s preference.
- I let go of my expectations about how the treatment should progress and/or how the animal should behave during the treatment, and simply trust Reiki.
- I accept the results of the treatment without judgment and with gratitude toward Reiki and the animal’s openness and participation in the process.
Copyright © 2007, Animal Reiki Source
Developed by Kathleen Prasad, Founder of Animal Reiki Source